Our environmental leaders comprise of students from years 5 and 6. They are students who are interested in improving our school environment through different actions and initiatives.
The GK Green Team meet on a regular basis to monitor and undertake environmental initiatives around the school.
- taking part in school audits and reporting about them at school assemblies.
- thinking of ways to improve school environmental actions.
- writing articles for school news letters.
- looking after the chickens at play times and doing gardening activities around our school grounds.
- meeting visitors who come to the school to see our Community Garden and Indigenous Gully.
- visit other schools and take part in environmental activities such as the Kids Teaching Kids Conference.
Our Green Team are passionate about improving their school environment and making it as beautiful and sustainable as possible! It is because of their passion that we look forward to a sustainable future at GK!