Extra Curricula Activities
GK offers an extensive range of extra curricula activities, in addition to our core curriculum subjects of Literacy and Numeracy, learning intervention programs, and specialist programs in Science, Visual Arts, Music and our GK Kitchen & Food Technology Program.
Extra curricula activities are activities that a school offers that are in addition to the standard school program. They are activities designed to complement the regular classroom or school program and provide extra learning opportunities and experiences for students.
Extra curricula activities are generally offered as a result of staff interest, expertise and availability along with a desire to provide students with a range of experiences and opportunities that we know will further challenge and benefit our students.
At Glen Katherine, the following comprehensive extra curricula activities and programs are currently offered:
- Annual Camp Program
- School and House Captain Leadership opportunities
- The Green Team/Environmental Leaders
- Gully Club
- Buddy Program
- Annual Whole-School Sport Events, including the GK Fun Run and Athletics Carnival
- Inter-school and Intra-school Sports Team Programs for Grade 5/6 students
- Junior School Council
- Peer Mediation Program
- Chess Program
- Instrumental Music Lessons
- Regular Excursions in P-6 linked to current Integrated Studies topics
- State Schools Spectacular
- Premier's Reading Challenge
- Gateways Extension Program
- and many more.